RYA First Aid Courses
Next Course: Date to be confirmed
Our First Aid courses cover all usual first aid subjects, but from a boating perspective. It is suitable for anybody who goes afloat. Whether you go boating on inland or offshore waters, the course will give you the necessary knowledge to take first aid action in case of emergency.
In a medical emergency, first aid knowledge and rapid action saves lives.
This qualification fulfils the requirement needed for the Dinghy Instructor Course.
The course also contains some boating specific content. These include:
- the recovery position in a confined space
- CPR, including the drowning procedures
- cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and exposure
- medical assistance using a VHF radio
- helicopter rescue procedure
The course is also useful for all sailors, as you never know when an issue may occur that requires first aid.
Last updated 20:56 on 30 January 2024