Ely Sailing Club's Membership Secretary is happy to answer any queries regarding membership at the club. The contact address can be found on the Contact page. We are a family friendly club open to new members as well as experienced sailors. We offer many sailing and social events throughout the year to ensure all our members have a good time!
The club is a non-commercial organisation and has no staff. Therefore, one commitment of your membership is to help run the club itself. You will be allocated a duty up to 4 times a year to run or assist the activities on that day. The club is not able to function without you, and this is also a great opportunity to get to know other members much better.
Membership Categories and Prices
- Sailing Adult - £80
- Sailing Adult with Flexible Crew* - £100
- Sailing Cadet with Social Parent/Guardian - £50
- Additional Sailing Cadet (16 and under) - £25
- Sailing Youth (Over 16 and in Full Time Education) - £25
- Sailing Family - £120
- Sailing Couple - £105
- Social Adult / Couple - £27
- Model Yacht Sailor - £27
- Berth - £65 (check availability before purchase)
*Sailing Adult with Flexible Crew permits the membership holder (helm) to sail with different people (family members/friends) an unlimited number of times as their crew, with your crewmate not requiring their own membership because they are covered by your own subscription. They are not permitted to helm the vessel or hire any club boat for their own purpose.
- We are a growing and developing club with a warm friendly atmosphere.
- All members are welcome whether complete novices, casual recreational sailors, or experienced racers. The more people passionate about sailing, the better!
- We are open four days of the week with a combination of social sailing, racing, or both on scheduled days.
- Secure boat berthing area allows members to own and store personal boats.
- Alternatively, the club has a large hire fleet available to members for reasonable costs.
- A panoramic view from the clubhouse gives good visibility over the lake for spectators, and is fully equipped with changing room, galley and bar facilities.
- The club holds many scheduled and spontaneous social events throughout the year.
- The club is an RYA approved Training Centre that aims to provide members with courses to improve their skills.
- Members may hire the clubhouse for personal events. Contact the Hon. Secretary to find out more!
- All sailing sessions are manned by a Race Officer and Rescue Driver to provide assistance or advice, and to ensure safety of sailors at all times.
- The club provides an abundance of opportunities to progress your skills, ranging from sailing to powerboating, first aid, and instructing!
- The club is always open to new members, so sign up and come along! No authorisation required!
Key Membership Information
- The membership year runs from 1st January to 31st December.
- Our sailing season is from the end of March to the end of October.
- Our social events are held all year round.
- All new members are expected to read the club Rules and Bylaws - payment is considered an acknowledgement that the member will adhere to the Rules and Bylaws of the club.
- A 50% discount is available for new members joining after June 30th, and applies to the current membership year only.
Last updated 19:37 on 18 January 2023
Login > or Create an account >